Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Hello Mommy,

To the love of my life,I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day! Thank you so much for shaping me into the woman I am today through your endless mercy, grace, and unwavering love. You are my earthly example of how earnestly God loves us.

There is a sad irony in today though. As most people know, I live in a hole literally which leads to flooding when it rains. Just last week a girl fell in crossing at one of the bridge points because it collapsed, she had to go to the hospital. Unfortunately, one of the younger boys from our sala de tarea was playing by the river when a torrential downpour hit yesterday and he got knocked into the river. (Our river is filled with all kinds of trash, sewage, and sharp objects.) They searched for him overnight and finally found him a little while ago. Death is an especially troubling concept for me when it comes to children and youth. I can only trust God because there are no answers to why. He was his mother's only son. Mother's Day in the D.R. is in 2 weeks. He had a amazing smile. This is the first death I've experienced in my community (I experienced it during training and during CBT) and I'm not exactly sure how to process this, he literally lived in my backyard. Please pray for his entire family, pray for the children in sala de tarea and his school, and pray for my org as we try to support the community in their healing.

Please validate someone today, remind them of why they are important, and remind everyone who matters how much you love them. This life is so fleeting.

1 comment:

  1. I love you honey. I thank God Almighty for you, your sisters and brother everyday.
    My prayers and thoughts are with the Boy's family.

    God Bless.
    Love
    mom.

    ReplyDelete