Monday, March 7, 2011

Mailed My Medical Packet

I should be reading for class, studying Spanish, writing my seminar paper, or lesson planning...but how could I not share this info asap!!

Today was the day...unexpectantly... I called my doctor on the off chance that my results would be ready, and they were! Now if I could just persuade a family member to high tail it to their office so that I could stay at work to lesson plan....

Alas, with the gas prices, everyone suggested tat they could pick up my medical results on Tuesday or Wednesday, no one understood the importance or urgency of today. So like any eager Peace Corps applicant, I high tailed it for an hour to get to the doctor's office on time, ran home to pick up the rest of the medical packet, then dashed to the fed ex office. After spending 30 minutes there (random ridiculousness when people go to the fed ex store with 3 hungry kids) it was finally sent off. I even dared to ask for a signature because I read someone's blog that stated that their packet had been lost!!!! So I don't have any money, && I do have copies of everything, but I refuse to go through this experience again if I don't have to!

I've been to the doctors office more often in the past month than in the past 3 years and this has probably been the best example of exuding patience during this Peace Corps journey. This has been a surreal experience and I am so glad that this part of the journey is over (praying it will not be sent back to me) <-- matter of fact I won't even think like that, I will just bask in my next guaranteed experience....waiting to hear back from PC

Back to studying or heading to the gym, an exhausted yet ecstatic Peace Corps applicant

*celebrating the little moments*

No comments:

Post a Comment