Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weddings && Thoughts

I attended a wedding this weekend that changed my views on servanthood.

(warning, I can be a litle hard on myself, I know, but there should be some valid questions here)

I want to serve, I know that I am called to serve...but how far am I really willing to go?

I saw the most amazing demonstration of Jesus' servanthood this weekend (the beautiful bride washed her husband's feet and dried them with her locs!!)

And for one thing...I'm glad I'm not married because I know I haven't met anybody that I know I want to do that for.

And as I had that thought, immediately, the guilt poured over me. Why haven't I met somebody like that? Better still, why wouldn't I do that for anybody?

If I believe He has called me to serve and love others, being Jesus' hands and feet, if thats what He did, why won't I?

Or will I? As I ponder and pray, pray and ponder, wonder and wander, comtemplate and suffocate my thoughts about the Peace Corps.... have I stretched my mind, my heart,& my humility to the point where I would do anything God called me to do to serve His people?

Time will tell. I'm just happy I'm praying over it now so that I can begin to build the capacity and humility to do whatever is required of me as a servant leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment